Friday, January 06, 2006

Mid-Season NHL Awards

There was a poll for mid-season NHL awards held by hockey dirt. Many bloggers were asked to vote on the awards. I don't think I was asked but that may be related to the fact I don't have any easily available email address on this website - either that or I got asked and was too dumb to notice.

Several of my posts over the season so far have included picks for some of these awards so many of my choices are already "out in cyberspace".

Rookie of the Half Season - I pick Henrik Lundqvist. Alexander Ovechkin won the hockey dirt poll.

Defenceman of the Half Season - I pick Bryan McCabe. Wade Redden won the hockey dirt poll. I was picking him until he missed some games due to injury.

MVP of the Half Season - I pick Jaromir Jagr. Jagr also won the hockey dirt poll.

Goalie of the Half Season - I pick Dominik Hasek. Hasek also won the hockey dirt poll.

Lady Byng of the Half Season - I had picked Jason Spezza the only time I discussed this topic. Since then, Spezza instigated a fight and fell out of the lead. I guess I would pick Pavel Datsyuk now. Brad Richards won the hockey dirt poll.

Selke of the Half Season - I pick Rod Brind'Amour. Brind'Amour also won the hockey dirt poll.

Coach of the Half Season - I have never directly answered this question, but I would pick Tom Renney. Lindy Ruff won the hockey dirt poll.

Comeback Player of the Half Season - I haven't directly addressed this question either. I pick Dominik Hasek. He wonm the hockey dirt poll as well.

Jerk of the Half Season - Sean Avery wins this in a landslide. I would pick him too.

Tough Guy of the Half Season - I pick Brian McGratton. So did the hockey dirt poll.

Flop of the Half Season - I pick Sergei Fedorov. So did the hockey dirt poll.

Comments:
Hey Puck Stopper - I would'a asked you but as you say - your email is no-where in sight. Hockeydirt
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?