Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Hall of Fame Inductees Announced

Today, the Hockey Hall of Fame announced the induction of three new members. They are Cam Neely, Valeri Kharlamov and builder Murray Costello. Here is TSN's story. As usual, they ignored my recommendations of Dino Ciccarelli, Mark Howe and Sergei Makarov, discussed here.

I will write a post soon on why Cam Neely should not be a hall of famer. The basic argument is that his career was too short. I will write another on why Valeri Kharlamov is probably a hall of famer, but I did not support his induction this year. Murray Costello was head of the Canadian Amateur Hockey Association for almost 20 years and is a deserving inductee as a builder, although it is hard to get as excited about inductions like his as I would be for a player.

Next year, Patrick Roy, Doug Gilmour and Phil Housley become eligible for induction. All three belong in the hall. I think the main question is how many will be in on the first ballot and how many will have to wait.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?